What is the value of polypropylene fiber in the global market?
Polypropylene fiber is a type of thermoplastic man-made fiber that has a wide range of applications in industries such as geotextile, hygiene products, spun melt, pharmaceutical, electrical, electronics, automotive, construction, etc. The value of polypropylene fiber in the global market is around USD 10 billion.
The global polypropylene fiber market can be segmented on the following basis:
• Based on the form: On the basis of the type of form, the global polypropylene market is categorized as staple and continuous form. Among both these forms, the staple polypropylene fibers have the largest share of more than 55% in the global polypropylene fiber market.
• Based on application: On the basis of the type of application, the global polypropylene market is segmented into concrete, geotextiles, hygiene products, industrial fabrics, upholstery fabrics and others. Among all these the industrial fabrics have the highest share of more than 30%.
• Based on application: On the basis of the type of process, the global polypropylene market is segmented into Spun bonded, Spun melt, Wet lay, Dry lay and others.
• Based on end-user: On the basis of the type of end-user, the global polypropylene market is divided into construction, medical, automotive, filtration, household, and others which include sports, agriculture, etc. Among all these industries household is the largest end-user segment because of its wide application in carpets, furniture, tablecloth, etc followed by construction.
• Based on region: On the basis of the type of end-user, the global polypropylene market is divided into North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America, The Middle East, and Africa.
Asia Pacific region has the largest share in the global polypropylene fiber market and accounts for a share of more than 35% followed by North America and Europe. In the Asia Pacific region, China has the largest share because of its strong production capacity and demand for polypropylene in industries such as the automotive and textile industries. Demand for polypropylene is also high in countries like India, Japan, Indonesia, and South Korea.
Some of the leading manufacturers in the global market of polypropylene fiber include International Fibres Group, BASF SE, Sika AG, Sinopec, The Euclid Chemical Company, ABC Polymer Industries, LLC, Lotte Chemical Corporation, FiberVisions Corporation, etc.