What is the value of acetate fiber in the global market?
Acetate fibers are regenerated cellulosic fibers which are manufactured by treating high purity pulp or purified cotton fluff with acetic anhydride. In diacetate fiber, the hydroxyl is acetylated in between 74% to 92%, while in triacetate fiber the hydroxyl is acetylated in more than 92%.
The global acetate fiber market can be segmented on the following basis:
• Based on type: On the basis of the type of fiber, the global acetate market is categorized into fiber and plastic.
• Based on type of fiber: On the basis of product type, the global acetate market can be segmented into product types like acetate filter tow fiber, acetate textile filament fiber, others.
• Based on Application: On the basis of the type of application, the global acetate market is categorized into Cigarette Filters, Textiles & Apparel, Photographic Films, and Tapes & Labels.
• Based on region: On the basis of the type of region, the global acetate market is categorized into Asia Pacific, North America, Europe, Middle East & Africa, and South America.
• Based on Region: On the basis of applications, the global acetate market is categorized into North America (U.S, Canada), Europe (France, Germany, Italy, Spain, and the UK), Asia-Pacific (China, India, Japan, Australia) and Latin America (Argentina, Brazil).
The value of the global market of acetate fiber was around USD 3.81 billion in 2017. Among all the regions, Asia Pacific has the highest share in the consumption of cellulose acetate fibers. In the Asia Pacific, China is the largest consumer of cellulose acetate fibers followed by Japan and India. Even the fiber type segment of the cellulose acetate market has the highest share in the global market because of its easy availability and a wide number of applications in industries such as cigarette manufacturing and textiles & apparel.
Some of the key manufacturers operating in the global cellulose acetate fiber market are Celanese (US), Mitsubishi Chemicals (Japan), China Tobacco Corporation (China), Daicel (Japan), Eastman Chemical Company (US), BASF, Formosa Plastics Group, etc.