What are the properties of bamboo fiber?
Properties associated with bamboo fabric are as follows:
• Bamboo fabric is soft, durable and breathable.
Bamboo fiber has a great water absorption capacity and this property is due to the presence of various micro-gaps present in the structure of the bamboo fabric.
• Bamboo fabric is non-irritating and soft to the skin.
• Bamboo plants have a presence of a bacteriostatic agent called “bamboo Kun” which imparts anti-bacterial and anti-fungal property to bamboo. In addition, bamboo Kun helps the growth of odour producing bacteria.
• Bamboo fibers have a good dye uptake in comparison to cotton, modal and viscose. The process of mercerisation is not required in the case of bamboo fabric.
• Bamboo fabric has good resiliency as compared to cotton.
• The laundering of bamboo fabric is quite easy.
• They are elastic, environment-friendly, and biodegradable.
• The fiber is bacteriostatic, antifungal, antibacterial, hypoallergenic, hygroscopic, natural deodorizer, and resistant against ultraviolet light. Furthermore, it is highly durable, stable and tough and has substantial tensile strength.