What are the end uses of hemp fiber?
• Being a coarse and stiff fabric hemp is used to make sack material, canvas, ropes, cables and twines.
• Hemp is used to make ship cordage, ship canvas sails, and is used as an alternative to fiberglass in automotive components.
• For apparel and furnishings purposes hemp is blended with fabrics such as linen, cotton or silk since it is difficult spin yarns that are made of 100% hemp.
• Apparel: Dresses, skirts, pants, jackets, T-shirts, hoodies, and children-wear are also made from hemp fabric. The hemp fabric being breathable and lightweight is used widely in T-shirts as it absorbs the sweat rapidly and has a good durability.
• Home Textiles: Hemp fabric is largely used to make window dressings, shower curtains, table cloth, bedsheets, blankets and upholstery.
• The inner two fibers of hemp are woodier, and are more often used in non-woven items and other industrial applications, such as mulch, animal bedding and litter.