What are the end uses of cotton?
• Cotton is a widely preferred fabric by consumers for its properties such as high absorbency, comfort, breathability, good heat and electrical conductivity, good dye uptake and easy laundering.
• Cotton is a quite adaptable fiber and can be made into fluffy as well as firm yarns.
• Apparel: T-shirt, shorts and jeans, socks, infant and kids wear are some of the apparel products that use cotton fabric for one or either of the above-mentioned properties.
• Home Textiles: The articles include towels, bedsheet, pillow covers, draperies/curtains, upholstery and table linen.
• Industrial Textiles: Cotton fabric is used to make medical, surgical and sanitary supplies.