Loading…

+917718880355

news

Ganni launches footwear collection made from grape leather

YarnsandFibers News Bureau 2021-10-26 10:58:09 – Denmark

Danish contemporary brand, Ganni, is aiming to phase out the usage of animal-based leather in favor of plant-based alternatives by 2023 and has started the process by launching Vegea, a new footwear collection made from grape leather.

The brand's SS22 collection includes chunky loafers, slides, and flip flops all manufactured from a unique material. Vegea is made from leftover grape skins from winemaking, as well as vegetable oils and other agricultural natural fibers.

Its creation keeps these products out of landfills, and its REACH-compliant manufacturing eliminates toxic compounds, heavy metals, and other hazardous solvents. Vegea contains a significant percentage of plant-based material, with a bio-compound (vegetable oil and grapes) accounting for 55% and a water-based polyurethane accounting for the remaining 45%. (PU).

Nicolaj Reffstrup, Ganni co-founder, said that by 2023, they'll have totally phased out leather because it interferes with their attempts to reduce their environmental effect due to high levels of methane emissions from animals. Introducing Vegea, a plant-based alternative made from agricultural waste is a step in the direction of more responsible collections.

0 0 vote
Article Rating
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

Market Intelligence

Ask for free sample Report


why us?
21 yrs

experience

Fortune 500

Customer Base

100%

dedicated team

55+

Countries Served Worldwide


newsletter

Register below to receive our newsletters with latest industry trends and news!

WeCreativez WhatsApp Support
Our support team is here to answer your questions via WhatsApp. Ask us anything!
? Hello