+917718880355

news

A&E to increase its stake in Vardhman Yarns and Threads Ltd

YarnsandFibers News Bureau 2016-05-12 11:00:00 – New York

American & Efird (A&E), the largest U.S. manufacturer and distributor of thread and technical textiles, to increase its stake in Vardhman Yarns and Threads Limited, India’s second-largest manufacturer and distributor of industrial and consumer sewing thread, from its joint-venture partner, Vardhman Textiles to expand its production base.

The deal is expected to close this summer, after which A&E will own 89 percent of the business leaving Vardhman Textiles with the remaining 11 percent, marking the 125-year-old company’s fifth acquisition under KPS ownership. A&E has nearly doubled in size over the past four years.

Les Miller, chief executive officer of A&E, said that their long-standing blue-chip customer base, including leading global brands, multinational corporations and regional manufacturers, rely on A&E as a mission-critical supply chain partner. This acquisition further enhances their demonstrated ability to provide customers with the highest-quality thread and superior service around the world.

Vardhman Yarns and Threads’ excellent reputation, world-class operations and leading position in the Indian market will enable A&E to more fully benefit from both fast-growing domestic demand for high-quality products in India and increasing international demand for exports from India.

Vardhman Yarns and Threads, which generated revenue of about $110 million in fiscal year 2015-16, operates five manufacturing facilities in India and employs more than 4,500 associates. Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed, but Miller said that A&E plans to invest significant capital and resources in the company.

Vardhman Textile’s decision to sell a majority stake comes as the company wants to focus on consolidating and strengthening its core business of yarn and fabric by way of having significant market share in Asian countries.

0 0 vote
Article Rating
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

Market Intelligence

Ask for free sample Report


why us?
21 yrs

experience

Fortune 500

Customer Base

100%

dedicated team

55+

Countries Served Worldwide


newsletter

Register below to receive our newsletters with latest industry trends and news!

WeCreativez WhatsApp Support
Our support team is here to answer your questions via WhatsApp. Ask us anything!
? Hello