Loading…

+917718880355

news

Childrenswear brand Frugi hits 1 million pound milestone for charity

YarnsandFibers News Bureau 2022-01-05 10:10:51 – United Kingdom

UK-based leading ethical and sustainable children’s clothing company, Frugi, has raised £1 million for its Little Clothes Big Change charity project, which began in 2016 and requires the company to donate 1% of its annual turnover whether it makes a profit or not.

Frugi has sold more than 100 million pounds worth of GOTS certified organic clothes since its establishment in 2004 and has raised one million pounds for charity. Currently, 85% of Frugi's goods are composed of GOTS certified cotton, with the other 15% manufactured from recycled polyethylene (PET) plastic bottles spun into yarn to create a robust, waterproof fabric for outerwear, accessories, and swimwear.

Lucy Jewson, founder of Frugi, said that they’re proud of many things they've achieved at Frugi - but they're perhaps the most proud of this! A million pounds earned for charity by a small company in Cornwall, all before their 18th birthday, is a huge sum.

Jewson added that Frugi was created to prove that a brand could be a strong catalyst for change and that business was about much more than just the 'bottom line.' Being a part of the 1 percent for the Planet movement and then launching Little Clothes Big Change has allowed them to continue donating to grassroots charities while building the Frugi brand."

Frugi's ethos has always been about giving back, notably to environmental and children's charities, as part of its larger objective to protect the globe. The children's apparel company has supported a variety of causes across its three pillars of hunger, shelter, and nature, and is now sponsoring Eco-Schools and LEAF, both of which inspire children to connect with nature and improve their environment at school and in their communities.

Frugi has been funding the Eco-Schools Green Flag certification fees for 150 schools across England since 2020, as well as educating 500 teachers to become Eco-Coordinators with Eco-Schools.

Sarah Clark, CEO of Frugi, said that this is a really proud time for their Frugi family. They wouldn't change a thing about donating 1% of their revenue to charity because it's in their brand's DNA. Giving back, whether they earn a profit or not, is a powerful commitment. Their 1% donations are utilized to make a difference for our world and its inhabitants, as well as to help protect the globe we live on. This has always been at the heart of Frugi, and it will continue to guide their decisions and the causes they support.

TotsBots reusable nappies and Bloom and Nora reusable sanitary products are also owned by the Frugi company, and these two brands have been included in the 1 percent turnover pledge since 2021.

Kurt and Lucy Jewson launched Frugi in 2004 after struggling to find sustainable clothing that would fit over reusable nappies. It has grown into one of the UK's top ethical and organic children's apparel businesses, with over 550 shops in 30 countries selling its products online at welovefrugi.com. Frugi Bloom has a new-born to ten-year-old collection, as well as a twinning, pregnancy, and breastfeeding selection.

0 0 vote
Article Rating
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

Market Intelligence

Ask for free sample Report


why us?
21 yrs

experience

Fortune 500

Customer Base

100%

dedicated team

55+

Countries Served Worldwide


newsletter

Register below to receive our newsletters with latest industry trends and news!

WeCreativez WhatsApp Support
Our support team is here to answer your questions via WhatsApp. Ask us anything!
? Hello