+917718880355

news

Luthai Textile to adopt centric software PLM to boost its ODM business

YarnsandFibers News Bureau 2015-12-31 12:00:00 – LOS GATOS, Calif

Luthai Textile, the market leader in the production of specially yarn dyed fabrics and one of the top three Chinese shirting product manufacturers, with strong business relationships globally. It is known as the largest high-grade, yarn-dyed fabric producer in the world, with production lines that include cotton planting, spinning, dyeing, weaving, finishing and shirt sewing. Luthai Textile to adopt Centric software product lifecycle management (PLM) technology.

The project is part of Luthais business transformation initiative geared towards both boosting its Original Design Manufacturer (ODM) business as well as developing its own branded apparel.

As Luthai has faced challenges in adapting to the needs of ODM and branded apparel activities. The more extensive development process planning, design, product development and marketing involved in ODM and brand production requires the company to seamlessly integrate people, processes and industry best practices.

Today about 80% of Luthais business is textile production. A fully vertically integrated company, Luthai manages an end-to-end supply chain from growing cotton fibers to producing finished fabric. The remaining 20% of Luthais business is ODM (Luthai designs, develops and produces apparel for other brands) and Luthais own branded apparel. While its ODM and branded output today hovers around 7 billion garments, Luthai intends to focus on growing in these segments.

The company supplies fabrics to a wide selection of brands: Brooks Brothers, Marks & Spencer, Burberry, Kohl's and Lacoste.

The company’s main products are yarn-dyed fabrics and shirts. All products are famous for their excellent quality and variety with a high degree of technology involvement. Currently, production capacity for yarn-dyed fabric is 12 million meters per month; for shirts it is 1.4 million pieces per month. Major markets are the USA (35%), Europe (30%), Japan (20%) and Korea (5%), with Mainland China at 5%.

0 0 vote
Article Rating
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

Market Intelligence

Ask for free sample Report


why us?
21 yrs

experience

Fortune 500

Customer Base

100%

dedicated team

55+

Countries Served Worldwide


newsletter

Register below to receive our newsletters with latest industry trends and news!

WeCreativez WhatsApp Support
Our support team is here to answer your questions via WhatsApp. Ask us anything!
? Hello