Loading…

+917718880355

news

Hēdoïne to launch first biodegradable tights

YarnsandFibers News Bureau 2021-09-08 08:46:30 – United Kingdom

UK-based hosiery brand, Hēdoïne, has created the world's first biodegradable tights collections, which they claim to be ladder-resistant, in an effort to combat throwaway fashion and make hosiery more sustainable.

As part of its first biodegradable collection, Hdone will introduce new 30 denier sheer black tights that combine its distinctive ladder-resistant technology with a biodegradable yarn. They're then made "consciously" in Italy, with recycled water and Oeko-Tex certification, indicating they're free of hazardous chemicals.

Since Hdone values transparency, it acknowledges that entirely biodegradable yarn does not yet exist, thus it has opted for a yarn that diverts 85% of otherwise non-biodegradable elements from landfills. The remaining 15% goes through the standard waste management process.

Hdone claims that the tights can be disposed of in normal garbage and composted in an anaerobic waste management facility at the end of their life. Most general garbage is broken down in these circumstances throughout Europe, but Hdone says that if their nation or region does not have these conditions, consumers will be able to send in their pre-loved tights to undergo the biodegradation process.

Under these anaerobic circumstances, the biodegradation process begins and continues to grow between 3 to 5 years. Bacteria degrade nylon into organic matter, biomass, and biogas, which may be utilized as new environmental resources or to create power, according to the hosiery brand.

Hdone's sustainability goal is centered on circularity, since tights are a product that, really epitomizes throwaway fashion, as a pair of tights seldom last more than a single-use. Its aim is to address the reality that billions of tights wind up in landfills every year, and it focuses on longevity, recycling, and biodegradability.

The new biodegradable tights are not only manufactured from more environmentally friendly materials, but they also use Hdone's exclusive knitting technology, which extends the life of the tights and reduces consumption. Because of the seamless and gusset-free construction, they are also gentle to the touch, ladder resistant, and pleasant to wear, and avoids pinching or sagging.

Hēdoïne founders Alexandra Tymann and Anna Rauch, said that to substantially minimize the number of tights that wind up in the trash, they started by making their ladder-resistant and longer-lasting, developing a sturdy product that lasts far longer than the average. They then set out to reduce waste across the entire industry which meant tackling recycling. Their soon-to-be-launched recycling scheme will allow their clients to return not just their pre-loved Hdone tights, but also tights or leggings from any brand. Finally, they want to close the loop, which is why biodegradable tights have become so important. Tights should make you feel good and help the environment – the future is biodegradable.

The firm goes on to say that the sheer, black 30 denier tights are the first of a larger biodegradable line, with the long-term goal of making all Hdone goods entirely biodegradable. It's also working on a recycling scheme in which customers can mail in old leggings or tights from any brand to be converted into usable products such as insulation or tires.

From September 20 to October 20, the company will establish a pop-up at Selfridges to promote its new Hdone biodegradable tights. The tights will be offered for 30 pounds on the company's e-commerce site.

0 0 vote
Article Rating
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

Market Intelligence

Ask for free sample Report


why us?
21 yrs

experience

Fortune 500

Customer Base

100%

dedicated team

55+

Countries Served Worldwide


newsletter

Register below to receive our newsletters with latest industry trends and news!

WeCreativez WhatsApp Support
Our support team is here to answer your questions via WhatsApp. Ask us anything!
? Hello