Konjac gum, also termed as or Konjac glucomannan, is a kind of dietary fiber which is based on konjac flour being obtained from the tuber of Amorphophallus konjac by means of drying and milling. Through further extraction and drying steps konjac flour can be processed until konjac glucomannan is obtained.
- Average molecular weight of 200,000 up to 2,000,000
- Can easily be dispersed in hot or cold water
- Forms a highly viscous solution with pH values between 5.0 and 7.0
- Swells slowly in water until a gel owning a high resistance to crushing and a high tensile strength is formed
- Owns synergetic effects together with carrageenan, guar gum and xanthan gum
- Odorless and tasteless
Fields of application:
- As dietry fiber
- For jelling, water adsorption and plasticity improvement in bakery and pastry products, in jellies and meat products
- For water absorption, thickening, emulsifying and stabilizing in could beverages, ice cream, dairy products, catsups and in flavoring powder
- For the viscosity enhancement, the improvement of the water absorption and as dietary fiber in wheat foods, pastries and instant frozen foods
- For film-forming
Yizhi Konjac Biotechnology Co., Ltd., whose business is a combination of agriculture, industry, scientific research and trade, is a food biotechnology and food processing enterprise providing konjac plant guide, order acquisition and deep-processing. Located in Economic Development Zone, Changyang, Hubei Province, the company covers an area of 40,000 square meters with the total planned investment of 120 million RMB. We have already invested 32 million RMB till now. First, alcohol-wet processing line and dry-processing lines have been built up. Second, we owns 330 acres of farmland, a raw material warehouse of 5000 square meters and a refrigerating warehouse of 2,000 cubic meters for stocking processed products. Besides, our company has the annual production capacity of 2,100 tons of konjac powder.
Having passed the international quality system certification, ISO9001:2000 and HACCP food safety management system certification, the company has the right to self-manage imports and exports. Our products, widely used in food, medicine and chemical industry, have been marketing in 11 domestic provinces and other six countries or regions, such as Southeast Asia, Japan, Korea, Singapore, Indonesia, and Taiwan.
With the corporation tenet of integrity, down-to-earth attitude, innovation and quality oriental, our company provides the best products and best services for customers both at home and aboard.